The NMU Network Conference
21st June 2012 / Speicher XI, Überseestadt Bremen, Germany
Innovation in maritime education and training – this has been the primary motivation in putting altogether the members and stakeholders of the NMU network to pursue a project that has been running for more than three years now. Acknowledging the lack of adequately trained personnel in the maritime sector, the NMU's central objective is to establish a sustainable collaboration between industry and educational institutions to enhance the innovation capacity of the maritime industry. The NMU conference is the venue where topics relevant to the successful collaboration within the NMU Network are presented and discussed.
The focus on “Innovation in Maritime Education” at the NMU conference brings diverse speakers to share their ideas and perspectives in “Competence development for academics and maritime industry” and in “Enhancing the attractiveness of careers in the maritime industry.” A panel discussion is lined up to showcase the significance of the collaboration within the NMU Network to the need for innovation in maritime education and training. The NMU conference is the setting for collaborative discussion between leading academic institutions involved in maritime education and training, and the stakeholders in the maritime sector.
Keynote speakers and discussion panelists at the NMU conference include:
- Giovanni Mendola, Maritime Safety Unit at the European Commission DG Transport
- Max Johns, Managing Director of the German Shipowners Association
- Miaojia Liu, Chief Education Officer at BIMCO
- Rory McGuire, Irish Maritime Development Office
- Gordon Wilmsmeier, Economic Affairs Officer, UN Economic Commissions for Latin America and the Caribbean - Building Networks to face challenges in a global industry
- Kevin Cullinane, Director of the Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University - Into the Future with NMU - Prof. Kevin Cullinane
- Harald M. Hjelle, University College Molde - Do the recruitment initiatives of the maritime industry communicate well with Generation Y?
- Steen Sabinsky, CEO, Maritime Development Center of Europe
- Gavin Roser, Pantrak Transportation Ltd.
- Dong-Wook Song, Heriot-Watt University
The NMU network conference is moderated by Thomas Pawlik of Bremen University of Applied Sciences and by Jens Froese of Jacobs University Bremen.
- For the conference programme, please click here.
- For Information on conference venue, hotels and public transportation, please click here.
- For further questions please contact us:
We look forward to welcome you at the NMU conference!