NMU Network Conference
June 21, 2012
Speicher XI, Bremen, Germany
The NMU Network: Innovation in Maritime Education and Training
Innovation in maritime education and training – this has been the primary motivation in putting altogether the members and stakeholders of the NMU network to pursue a project that has been running for more than three years now. Acknowledging the lack of adequately trained personnel in the maritime sector, the NMU's central objective is to establish a sustainable collaboration between industry and educational institutions to enhance the innovation capacity of the maritime industry. The NMU conference is the venue where topics relevant to the successful collaboration within the NMU Network are presented and discussed.
The focus on “Innovation in Maritime Education” at the NMU conference brings diverse speakers to share their ideas and perspectives in “Competence development for academics and maritime industry” and in “Enhancing the attractiveness of careers in the maritime industry.” A panel discussion is lined up to showcase the significance of the collaboration within the NMU Network to the need for innovation in maritime education and training. The NMU conference is the setting for collaborative discussion between leading academic institutions involved in maritime education and training, and the stakeholders in the maritime sector.
Speakers and discussion panellists at the NMU conference include:
- Giovanni Mendola, Maritime Safety Unit at the European Commission DG Transport
- Max Johns, Managing Director of the German Shipowners Association
- Miaojia Liu, Chief Education Officer at BIMCO
- Rory McGuire, Irish Maritime Development Office
- Gordon Wilmsmeier, Economic Affairs Officer, UN Economic Commissions for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Kevin Cullinane, Director of the Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Harald M. Hjelle, University College Molde
- Steen Sabinsky, CEO, Maritime Development Center of Europe
- Gavin Roser, Pantrak Transportation Ltd.
- Dong-Wook Song, Heriot-Watt University
The NMU conference is moderated by Thomas Pawlik of Bremen University of Applied Sciences and by Jens Froese of Jacobs University Bremen.
- For the conference programme, please click here.
- For NMU conference registration, please click here.
- For Information on conference venue, hotels and public transportation, please click here.
- For further questions please contact us:
We look forward to welcome you at the NMU conference!
Green Ship Technology Conference
March 27 - 29, 2012
Crowne Plaza Copenhangen Towers, Denmark
The international Green Ship Technology 2012 event is organised by Informa Maritime Events and it's now in its 9th year. The GST has developed into a major event for the maritime industry and is highly valued across the Norwegian maritime community. The topic of the conference is '' Meeting the green technology challenges for sustainable shipping".
The keynote speakers include:
- Andreas Chrysostomou, Coordinator of Multilateral Affairs, Dept of Merchant Shipping, Cyprus and Chairman, MEPC
- Clea Henrichsen, Environmental Specialist, Danish Maritime Authority
- Dermot Loughnane, President, Tactical Marine Solutions
- Lars Robert Pedersen, Deputy Secretary General, BIMCO
- Dragos Rauta, Technical Director, INTERTANKO
For details of the event and venue please click here.
Bremer Shipping Congress 2012
February 29 - March 1, 2012
Bremen – Überseestadt, Germany
The focus of the 6th Bremer Shipping Congress is the “Employability Management” in the maritime sector, which means the development and securing of employability and marketability in the responsibility of companies, educational institutions and employees.
The 6th Bremer Shipping Congress 2012 is organised by the NMU partner University of Applied Sciences Bremen. This time again over 100 experts and leaders from the maritime industry, the administration and the universities will come to discuss current issues on the maritime shipping education, training and personnel.
Within three workshops participants can discuss themes like the opportunities of methodological skills, safety culture and the duty of care. The conference offers an exchange of experts from different fields of maritime business with companies, educational institutes and employees.
The University of Applied Sciences Bremen would like to offer an open forum for discussion and exchange of experiences to all German maritime experts – employees as well as training institutes and companies. The conference will also serve as platform for dialogue between the shipping industry, policies and nautical associations.
For details please download the Programme. Please note: Conference language is German.
For registration please fill in the application form in German.
For more information, please visit www.bremer-schifffahrtskongress.de
The Blue Research and Innovation Conference
December 1-2, 2011
The Blue Reseach and Innovation Conference will be conducted for the 6th time on December 1-2, 2011 in Copenhagen. The conference takes place in the Danish Shipowners Association.
The conference aims to focus attention on research and innovation in the maritime industry. A number of speakers from different research institutions in and at home and abroad, shipping companies, harbours and other maritime business companies will discuss the current challenges in the maritime industry.
The conference will focus on the maritime research projects. Ongoing as well as finished projects will be summarized and evaluated.
May 1 - 3, 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Multimodal is the UK's biggest Transport & Logistics Event and the only event that covers the whole range of freight transportation and logistics. Since its launch in 2008, the success of Multimodal has escalated beyond expectations. Growth has been at a phenomenal rate and with it entering its fourth year, the show has seen a rise of 130% in visitor attendance and the exhibition has grown 110% bigger in size and content.
Market leaders from all areas of the transport and logistics supply chain now consider exhibiting at Multimodal as an intrinsic part of their annual marketing investment and planning. Companies such as APL Logistics, DSV, DB Schenker, Agility, SDV, Malcolm, Ewals, Geodis, Howard Tenens, PD Ports, ZIM, GEFCO, Autostore, Mann Lines, ABP, Kewill, Dachser, Cosco, and Freightliner all exhibit at Multimodal.
Along with the exhibition, there will take place The Shippers Voice seminars where professionals in the field predict key changes in legislation, shipping trends and developments as well as giving shippers the opportunity to learn from case studies in all areas of transport and logistics.
For further information, please visit the official website: www.multimodal.org.uk
- Intermodal Europe 2011
- European Maritime Day 2012
- Annual International Logistics Forum themed “Rio de la Plata Region”
- European Freight abd Logistics Leaders Forum
- Expert conference “11. Kieler Seminar”
- Conference: Reducing the Impact of Emissions from Aviation and Shipping
- Coastlink Bilbao Conference
- Transport & Logistikk Oslo 2011
- IAME 2011
- Ship Efficiency
- Joint Annual Conference 2011
- TOC 2011
- Logistics and Transport 2011
- Nor Shipping 2011
- ESPO 2011
- Multimodal 2011
- Green Ship Technology
- Bremer Schifffahrtskongress 2011
- Green Port Logistics
- Intermodal Europe 2010
- Forum on Maritime Transport Education & Training
- European Fright and Logistics Leaders Forum
- Dryport Conference
- 27th German Logistics Congress
- OPEN DAYS 2010
- Blue Conference 2010
- Information Event on “The North Sea Region INTERREG IV B Programme 2007-2013”
- 30th International WISTA Conference
- 4th International Conference on Maritime Human Resource Solutions 2010
- NSRP Annual Conference 2010
- Bremer Schifffahrtskongress 2010
- International Maritime Conference 2010
- IAME 2010
- World Conference on Transport Research 2010
- Multimodal 2010
- Danish Blue Conference 2009
- International PhD Seminar Svendborg 2009
- Information Day INTERREG IVB North Sea Region Programme
- Symposium on Seaport innovations
- 26th German Logistics Congress
- Transport and Logistik 2009, Oslo
- International Port and Terminal Technology Conference
- InWaterTec 2009
- Maritime Transport Edinburgh October 2009
- Coastlink Annual Conference 2009
- NSRP Annual Conference 2009
- IAME 2009
- Terminal Operations Conference-TOC Europe
- Maritime Interreg Conference Gothenburg 2009
- Cold Ironing - expert conference
Page 1 of 14«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»